- On April 4, 2021
- 0 Comments
Please click on the link below to get to the Sunday Services Page.
Today is a day of celebration! A day when we remember that Jesus has Risen! A day of new beginnings!
It is also a day for us to give thanks for each other. I had a call from Carol Anderson – a long, long-term member of our church – this week. She called to say thank-you for the palms that were delivered and the cards that she has received, as well as to wish us all a Happy Easter. She told me that she was doing well because she was surrounded by people who cared for her and asked that we hold her in prayer; and I assured her that we do … and that we would … as each member of the congregation is held lovingly in prayer. On this Easter Day, I invite you take a few moments to give thanks for the people in your life who surround you with love.
I have selected a wide range of music for today ranging from traditional hymns to songs that at first hearing have no obvious connection to Easter. And yet in each can be found a message that speaks to the power of resurrection and reinforces for me my faith in the God of new beginnings. My hope is that on this Easter Day, you too experience new possibilities because of your faith in the risen Jesus.
- Jesus Christ is Risen Today. A well known and well loved hymn sung by the choir and congregation of First Plymouth Church: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2HSklHBHxw
- How Great Thou Art. A congregational favorite, the hymn that reminds me of my father sung by country music star Alan Jackson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-m_6KN5ISA
- Four Seasons – Spring. The music of Vivaldi stirs within us the potential and the hope that is present in the cycle of the seasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LAPFM3dgag
- The Lord of the Dance. “They cut me down and I leapt up high! I am the life that will never, never die!” This image of Jesus is so full of energy! The Lord of the dance is always with us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDdQhsjNHcw
- The Mary Ellen Carter. This is a song made known by Stan Rogers that tell the story of a boat and the men who salvaged her when all seemed most. For me it is a song that exudes hope and bursts with joy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhop5VuLDIQ