- On November 29, 2020
- 0 Comments
I am glad that you are joining us for worship. Today is the first Sunday of Advent: our time of preparation for the birth of Jesus at Christmas. A time when we remember that God chose to dwell among us and is present with us still.
Sunday Worship: Please use this link for today’s worship.
You will notice a couple of different things about our Advent Worship. We will light a candle from the Advent wreath and there will be two readings from Scripture – one from the prophet Isaiah and the second from the Gospel of John.
I encourage you to also to create an advent wreath and to light a candle each week when you join for worship.
The two pieces of music that I have selected for this week are:
And for those who are interested – you may be after the reflection – I have attached a couple of links to the Mummer’s song!!!
Christmas Eve Service:
If public health permits and following a strict Covid-19 protocol, Knox Presbyterian Church Sixteen will host services of worship on Christmas Eve.
- 3 services of worship are being planned: 4:00pm, 7:00pm, 10:00pm.
- An on-line service of worship will also be available for those who do not wish to attend a public worship service
- Worship attendance will be by reservation only. If you have not reserved a space then you will not be able to attend the public worship service on Christmas Eve
- Priority will be given to members and adherents of the congregation and their families.
o Members are requested to communicate there intentions to Rev Gushue at firstname.lastname@example.org during the first week of Advent
- If you will attend worship and how many people will be in your party
- Names and addresses are required prior to the service – for contact tracing
o Members of the congregation who have not responded will be contacted during the second week of Advent.
- Announcement of the worship times will be made to the public through the Knox 16 website beginning on the 3rd Sunday of Advent: remaining spaces will be assigned on a first come – first served basis.
Children’s Advent Program
For the Advent season there will be an activity for children available on the Knox 16 website. Produced under the direction of Tori Smit a Presbyterian Church educator, this interactive program will be fun for the whole family. Each Sunday for the four weeks of Advent a new “Activity Room” will be made available. Please share with other families who may be searching for meaningful Christmas activities for their children or grandchildren.
The Advent Activity Rooms can be found by searching under Spirituality/Children’s Advent Activities and a link will be included in the weekly worship e-mail to the Children’s Advent Activities.
The holiday season is often a difficult time for those who are not experiencing joy in their lives. If you would like to have a chat or a visit, please leave me an e-mail or give me a call.