May 30 2021 – Sunday Worship Posted
- On May 30, 2021
- 0 Comments
Please click on the link below to get to the Sunday Services Page.
This morning is our service of Remembrance & Hope. This is a service where we take the time to remember those who shared our lives and who have now passed on to the promised life of eternity with God. It is also the day when we acknowledge the grief as well as the hope that we share as a community.
This morning I have selected 3 pieces of music to accompany the service. The first hymn is How Great Thou Art and is sung by Chris Rice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bflCpY0pUM4
The remaining two pieces are sung by the Scottish-Canadian tenor John McDermott. The piece The Old Man was influential in the way that I prepared for this year’s service; my hope is that it is as meaningful for you as it was, and is, for me. The final hymn is In the Bulb there is a Flower: a reminder for us all of the mystery of life and the love of God.
John McDermott – The Old Man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNL_wGZgV5Q
John McDermott: In the Bulb there is a Flower https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06G4O9GoHdY
Thank-you for responding to the survey. The results confirmed that people are enjoying the video format – 47% indicated no reason to do anything else. On the other hand, 53% indicated that they would appreciate a live worship service conducted over Zoom – once a month. We will hold a Zoom worship on Sunday, June 27th … 10:00 am.
Lighthouse for Grieving Children
For the past number of years, I have been supporting the work of the Lighthouse, by providing pastoral support to their annual grief conference as well as through support of their fundraising initiatives. I believe that the work that they do with children who have lost a parent is important work – the grief of children is complex and requires special attention. I have attached a link to their website so that you can explore the services that they offer.https://www.grievingchildrenlighthouse.org/index.php
This year I am participating in their annual fundraiser: Run for Lighthouse. My objective is to run the distance of a marathon (42.2 kilometers) between Friday, May 28th and Friday, June 4th. If you wished to support the work of the Lighthouse for Grieving Children by sponsoring my run, please follow the link and enter “Patrick Gushue” in the space indicated “Find a participant to donate to.”
Music & Conversation with Lloyd
Lloyd is ready, willing and able to provide a musical interlude of favourite hymns over the phone! He also asked me to remind everyone that the phone goes two ways – so that if you want music or a conversation just pick up the phone and give him a call!
… and if you would like a pastoral conversation please reach out either by phone 905 257 2770 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.